Laser hair removal at Saramanda 1
Saramanda 1 is proud to offer the very best in laser hair removal using the Lumenis LightSheer Desire. This world-leading machine offers permanent hair removal with unparalleled speed and comfort.
Our treatments are more than 75% faster than the average laser hair removal session and also feature unique HIT and ChillTip technologies for the most comfortable experience possible.
The LightSheer Desire offers safe treatment for every skin and hair type, with treatments customised to suit your needs.
What is laser hair removal?
During laser hair removal, a laser emits a light that is absorbed by the pigment in the hair. The light energy is converted to heat, which damages the hair follicles. This inhibits or delays future hair growth, saving you time and money on temporary hair removal solutions.
We recommend a course of at least 6 treatments for permanent hair removal.
How should I prepare for my treatment?
• In the 10 days before your treatment, avoid exposing your skin to UV light (sunlight or sunbeds) and don’t apply self-tanning products.
• Don’t wax or tweeze hairs in the area to be treated. If you do, you will need to wait 4 to 8 weeks before you can starting your course.
• Avoid alcohol or smoking the night before and on the day of your treatment.
• The area should be shaved 12 hours before your treatment.
• Before your treatment, keep the area clean and dry and avoid applying any products.
• Don’t exercise before your treatment.
• On the day of your treatment we suggest you wear loose-fitting clothes and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
What should I do after my treatment?
• We recommend that you apply an aloe vera gel/cream to the area after your treatment.
• Avoid shaving the area for 72 hours after your treatment.
• Avoid hot baths, showers, saunas, steam rooms or exercise that will raise your temperature for 48 hours.
• Don’t use makeup or perfumed products on the treated area for 48 hours.
• Avoid exposing the skin to UV light (sunlight or sunbeds) or apply any self-tanning products for 10 days after your treatment.
• During your course of treatment, don’t wax or tweeze hairs in the area that is being treated. Shaving is the only method of hair removal you can use during the course.
• Always use SPF.
• Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
FAQs :Which areas can be treated?
We can offer laser hair removal on the following areas:
• Upper lip
• Bikini area
•Hands & Feet
Is the treatment painful?
Most clients describe the treatment as uncomfortable rather than painful. The sensation varies from person to person and the different areas being treated. Some people feel nothing, some feel a heat sensation, and some have described the sensation to mild stinging or the flicking of a rubber band. Generally, the coarser or thicker the hair, the greater the sensation. A mild redness after treatment is normal.
Are the results permanent?
Results vary from person to person and can be affected by hormonal changes. Most clients require a minimum of 6 to 8 sessions to see the best results, but this depends on the individual. We recommend top-up sessions at least once a year.
How far apart should my treatments be scheduled?
We will discuss a tailored treatment plan with you, but typically there should be 6-8 weeks between each session.
Does it matter what kind of skin and hair I have?
We can offer the treatment to clients with all skin and hair types.
What can I expect during a laser hair removal session?
Your practitioner will talk you through a basic consultation to make sure you have prepared for your treatment. This will make sure you don’t experience any adverse effects. You will both wear protective eyewear throughout the treatment. Your practitioner will apply the laser head to the area to be treated.
Why have you chosen the LightSheer Desire hair removal machine?
Your safety and comfort are our priority. This type of machine enables us to treat clients with all skin and hair types, with better results from fewer sessions than more traditional machines. The LightSheer Desire also features unique HIT and ChillTip technologies, which provide a cooling effect for the most comfortable experience possible.